Yesterday, Microsoft Press announced the new Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Resource Kit book, available by February 4. This book holds much of the information about the new OCS 2007 R2 release which comes with the Response Group Service. IIRC, there's also a huge amount of information if not an entire chapter about RGS to which many people from the product development teams have contributed.
In the course of figuring out whether or not it would make sense to try to recover the data on my RIPped harddisk, I realised that even though it might just go all well it (i.e. most of the rant from my blog so far) is not really worth it. It appears that the companies which offer this kind of services in the greater area all ask for something like 800-1000 CHFs. Given that until last Sunday I have written around 280 posts and at most 100 of them are actually of any interest, they would each have to have a value of around 8 CHFs. Honestly, I don’t think they do 😉
So I started recovering the posts I actually somehow liked fromÂ multiple search engines’ caches. So please do not be surprised if you run into old blog posts again and if you do not understand ’em because they’re German.
One thing I found particularly interesting about the blog engine I am using (i.e. BlogEngine.NET) is that it comes with a multi-lingual user interface. To be more specific, the engine tries to find the best fit for the preferred language which you have set in your browser. This is nothing new but usually requires some work behind the scences. And as the guy behind (amongst many more) the multi-lingual user interfaces in allÂ the administrative interfaces of the Response Group Service of Office Communications Server 2007 R2 I know what I am talking about 😉
Well then, here we go. After a couple of years writing mostly only in German, I am back to writing in English. If you are wondering what happened, here’s the story. So far I have been using my own blog engine for my blog. Yesterday, after several years of loyal services, one of the hard disks in my server decided to say goodbye and leave me forever. Unfortunately that was the one which contained much of my data including the blog. So I while I am about to recover the data there, I decided that I could as well use some other guy’s blog engine. So here we go, I start from scratch and so can you.